Weddings Sales Coordinator
Glenburn Lodge & Spa
This position is ideal for someone who wants to have a job where you get to serve clients who are planning for the happiest day in their lives! The wedding sales consultant must be assertive while maintaining the diplomacy of a good negotiator and will be responsible for increasing the Hotel’s revenues in the wedding business.
The position will work closely with other sales staff and the management team to facilitate conversion of sales and will be heavily focused on prospecting business in all wedding market segments through our enquiries and wedding exhibition leads
Must have 5 or more years of wedding sales and planning experience in similar wedding establishments and an Event management certificate/diploma will be an advantage
- Must have strong negotiating skills and comfortable ‘asking’ for business.
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel programs.
- Must have experience with POS booking management system is an asset.
- Must have proven knowledge and savvy with social media
- Must have a firm grasp of how to market, capture and convert business and knowledgeable of different wedding cultures and trends.
- Must be extremely detailed, oriented and creative at up-selling.
- Must have a strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport and problem solve indpendantly.
- Must have Strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively.
- Must be self‐motivated with proven time management and organisational
- Must have the ability to work in an open fast paced environment and meet crucial deadlines.
- Must have the ability to translate brides vision into reality.
- Must have the ability to relate to all levels of stakeholders both in and outside organisation.
- Must have the ability to produce high-quality data entry with close attention to detail.
- Must exhibit a ‘can do” attitude with a passion for creating exceptional events.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work week/ weekend and hours to cover consultations viewing/inspections.
Starting date : TBA
Salary: Negotiable according to experience.
Other Allowances: Uniform, Medical aid and Pension Fund.
Contact Linda at email@example.com or 011 668 1600