Food and beverage service workers are considered the front line of customer service in the food service industry. There is an increasing demand for qualified service professionals in the hospitality industry with their passion for food, wine and exceptional customer service.
If you are focused on a career in Food and Beverage then Guvon Academy’s Food and Beverage Service program will be the steppingstone to an international career in the hospitality industry. We will help you refine your skills with formal training and connects you with prospective employers. You will learn a variety of restaurant and banquet service techniques. The Food and beverage service responsibilities include menu planning and budgeting, as well as coordination of special events and marketing of food and beverage products.
At Guvon Academy our seasoned trainers will guide you through the learning modules and combine theory with hands-on, practical training. As you progress through the course, you will be given the opportunity to practice your skills with real customers in readiness for your transition into the job market. To complement our in house training, students train off site at some of Guvon Hotels & Spas well respected establishments. The program is part-time and scheduling is designed to be flexible and accommodating.
This programme is ideal for students who wish to work in a food and beverage service environment. It will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work safely, professionally and effectively. Students will develop a portfolio of evidence consisting of practical tasks, assignments, tests and formal examinations.
The following topics are covered in the six months program (of which half of the time is spent on the campus and the other half in the workplace),
- Maintenance of a Safe, Hygienic and Secure Working Environment
- Working Effectively as Part of a Hospitality Team
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Your Organisation
- Maintain Food Safety when Storing, Holding and Serving Food
- Serve Food at the Table
- Provide a Silver Service
- Provide a Buffet and Carvery Service
- Serve Alcoholic and Soft Drinks
- Prepare and Serve Cocktails
- Prepare and Serve Wines
- Prepare and Serve Dispensed and Instant Hot Drinks
- Prepare and Clear Areas for Counter and Takeaway Service
- Prepare and Clear Areas for Table Service
- Prepare and Clear the Bar Area
- Resolve Customer Service Problems
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Customers
After completion you will receive The Guvon Academy Short Learning Programme (SLP) Certificate in Food and Beverage Service as well as the Highfield International Award in Food and Beverage Service.