The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
- Minimum of 7 years direct sales experience, the majority of which must have been spent in the hotel industry.
- Exceptional Grooming and presentation, superior communication skills, verbal ability and influencing skills.
- Proven Sales record in a 4 or 5-star hotel environment.
- Significant contacts amongst potential clients or their organisations.
- Ability to target, communicate with and sell to relevant decision makers.
- NB The Hotel has its own marketing Department responsible for all design and marketing aspects. This position is not about Marketing. It is Sales.
Overall Objectives of The Role:
The Sales Executive will prospect, set appointments and call on existing and potential new clients for the hotel within a territory to sell the product. The person in this position will conduct client need analyses, demonstrate capabilities, make initial recommendations, suggest products and obtain commitment to recommended properties. In addition, the person will follow company policies as it relates to the completions of contracts and paperwork to submit orders. They will provide management with weekly sales reports summarizing, client meetings, actual sales, pipeline sales and lost sales. This person is responsible for creating and delivery of client presentations using the necessary equipment. The Sales Executive is instrumental in obtaining and providing the organisation with information on specific clients within their territory using interviewing methods, internet, word of mouth and general research activities.
Key Performance Areas:
- To put into place effective strategies throughout the year in order to achieve the monthly and total year budget.
- To prospect, plan and call on existing and potential clients to maximize sales opportunities in the Corporate Segment, Event Management Companies and Travel Industry regarding conferences, events, corporate stays and functions.
- Research areas within the hospitality industry that impact sales for assigned region and target these decision makers and present unique offerings that the Hotel provides.
- Accountable for individual sales goals associated with assigned territory and liaise closely with Marketing Department to synchronise approaches and communication to the market.
- Accompany prospective clients with site visits, showing them rooms, banquet and function facilities, restaurants, rooms, grounds, etc.
- Complete required contracts and paperwork timeously for submission following established company policies.
- Entertain clients / prospective clients who demonstrate potential for high spend or recurring business.
- Negotiate rates and terms in consultation with General Manager and Sales & Marketing Director. Finalise agreed rates, contracts, admin, etc
- Compile Sales Pipeline and sales reports.
- Attend and report on sales in management meetings.
Job Description for Sales Executive:
- To take responsibility for a portfolio of accounts, undertaking complete account management responsibilities for maintaining, servicing and developing the account.
- Create and customise client presentations using available templates and presentation tools.
- Complete and submit sales reports on a timely basis following established division guidelines.
- To ensure database is kept up to date with all client records, including contracts, client potential, past activity and future action required.
- To ensure all client files and records are updated including appropriate rates etc.
- To undertake regular market and competitor analysis, paying particular attention to product standard and pricing policy.
- To be fully aware of market conditions and general industry information that may affect current market trends.
- To act as liaison between clients and departments as requested, to assist in problem solving and promoting customer satisfaction where appropriate.
- To undertake special projects on an ad hoc basis which contribute to the overall success of Guvon Hotels & Spa’s.
- The person may also be required to work out of office hours should the need arise.
Contact Zuleika at email@example.com or 011 478 8000