SHARPEN YOUR COOKING SKILLS….
Occupational Certificate: Chef
Your dreams of becoming a qualified, professional, Chef can become a reality with the nationally recognised qualification and Trade Test.
The Occupational Certificate: Chef will be the only nationally recognised qualification for professional chefs in South-Africa, with Quality Assurance conducted by Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
The theoretical and practical components are enhanced with integrated workplace-learning, which is monitored and controlled by Guvon Academy. Work-integrated learning (WIL) takes place at Guvon Hotels and Spas properties, ensuring that all learners are exposed to the working world of production and restaurant kitchens.
OVERVIEW OF SUBJECTS
- Planning and developing recipes and menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies.
- Monitoring the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Discussing food preparation issues with managers, dieticians, kitchen and waiting staff.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of cooks and other workers engaged in food preparation.
- Inspecting supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Determining how food should be presented, and creating decorative food displays.
- Preparing, seasoning and cooking specialty foods and complex dishes.
Get “the edge” with this qualification which includes workplace-integrated learning and the national trade test.