When it comes to desserts my feet are both firmly planted in the chocolate category. Chef Karen Blanche from Guvon Academy shared her recipe and demonstrated how to make her Salted Caramel Brittle Chocolate Torte on #GrootFM this morning
This Torte is so good and sinful that it should be forbidden. It is all about flavour, colour and texture sheathed in extreme opulence. The sea salt really complements the taste of the chocolate and deepens its flavour. Certain occasions call for luxurious indulgence with quiet restraint. Just like a LBD (little black dress) that is chic with just a smattering of sass, this swoon-worthy dessert is the quintessential must-have as the ultimate trump card to your dinner party success. .
Get your daily dose of sweetness with this sinfully delicious salted caramel brittle chocolate tart that is quietly elegant, outrageously rich yet deceptively simple to make.
It would be just plain wrong not to share this recipe with you.
SALTED CARAMEL BRITTLE CHOCOLATE TORTE
Yield: 10 portions
Prep time: 15 min
Ready in: 2 hours
For the Base
- 2 packets of Orea Cookies
- 60g soft Butter
- A good spray of B-Well Blissful Bake Cooking Spray to your tart tin
For the Tart
- 160g Salted Caramel Brittle Nougat (cubed)
- 600g Dark Chocolate
- 140g Full Cream Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2g Maldon Sea Salt / Pink salt
- 200g Cream
- 30ml Goof Quality Brandy
- 20g Soft Butter
For the Base:
- Blend the biscuits in a food processor, stir into the soft butter,
- Evenly line the base of a tart tin with the crumble, flatten with a spoon.
- Set aside to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Gently melt the chocolate with the milk, cream and brandy over a double boiler
- Once the chocolate has melted , remove from the heat and then add the egg yolks.
- Stir until smooth and gradually add the brandy, salt and butter.
- Line the tart base with the cubed nougat,
- Bake for 12 minutes at 160’C
- Remove from oven and let it sit on your cooling rack for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm and slice once the chocolate has set.
- Serve with Vanilla bean Ice cream, nougat bark and caramel popcorn.
- Use a tart tin with a detachable bottom
- For a Cute Garish – Spread some Tempered Chocolate over bubble wrap, leave to set, break into pieces, and paint with some Luster Dust, and place on top of you dessert.
- A huge shout out to our generous show & product sponsors:
- Salted Caramel Brittle Nougat from 1701 Brand used in the preparation of the tart
– B-Well Blissful Bake Cooking Spray used to spray our tart tin