The Fairway Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
• Must have at least three (5) years’ experience in the same position in a 4/5 star hotel
• Relevant tertiary qualification at a hotel school or something similar would be an advantage
• To liaise with all clients, ascertaining their requirements and co-ordinating these needs to ensure the successful execution of the function.
• To show the client the various facilities available, advising and discussing the merits of the various options.
• To monitor and control provisional and confirmed function bookings, and ensure that no double bookings occur.
• To up-date function sheet and advise all departments once confirmation of the function is received.
• To ensure that all necessary requirements as per guests/group have been ordered and are in position and in working order.
• To ensure that all payments are received before the event and afterwards if any money is outstanding.
• To ensure that all charges have been charged to the clients/organizers.
• To ensure rooming list are captured on the system with all the correct details.
• Must be well-organized and have strong administrative skills
• Must have strong customer relations and communication skills
• Must be computer literate
• Must be familiar with conferencing aspects such as conference bookings, rooming lists, function sheets, site inspections, pre-planning and pre-conference meetings
• Relevant experience in F&B and Banqueting an advantage
• Must be familiar with Apex reservations system or something similar
• Must be familiar with general office duties such as filing and copying
• Must be able to work with the Executive Chef to co-ordinate specific food requirements
• Must have a good understanding of different conference and function set-ups
• Must be able to communicate with managers on all levels
• Must be able to maintain set standards
• Must be able to “sell” our venues and visit clients to close sales, if needed.
• Must be able to organise and execute various bridal shows, conferences and functions
• Must be able to work over weekends as per business demands
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be able to work with staff of all levels
• Must be able to work independently and effectively in a team
Contact Zuleika at firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 478 8000