Askari Spa at Askari Game Lodge reflects the environment that surrounds it – African veld and wildlife rise up to meet the African sky and majestic Magaliesburg mountain range.
Located in the heart of the lodge, the spa complex boasts 4 treatment rooms with a double outdoor shower and a separate men’s and ladies change rooms. The entire spa opens up on outdoor relaxation areas and private gardens.
Our core philosophy of natural health is based on nurture, inspiration and the use of mother Earth’s ingredients, to provide you with the most invigorating treatments imaginable. For centuries, African women have utilized natural herbal concoctions, creams and oils to enhance natural beauty and to maintain health. Found on our reserve the Wild Olive Tree, Artemisia Afra (Wormwood) and Aloe Vera have been well known for centuries for its healing properties. We now combine both ancient and contemporary techniques in a natural manner, designed to bring balance and harmony catering to the needs of every Individual.
Soothe away the stress of modern life and dissolve impurities, under the gentle fingers of our therapists. The benefits to body and spirit will be truly rewarding.
Askari Spa is a proud member of the South African Spa Association and strives to align itself with the principles and guidelines set by the association.
- Take time – Leave behind the stressful world and walk into an oasis of pampered luxury, where the subtle tones and textures of muted African decor embrace you.
- Shower – A quick shower just before your massage or therapy is relaxing and washes off any salts, minerals or chemicals that could clog pores when mixed with oils or other therapy products.
- Throughout your therapies, your body will be completely draped. At no time will you be fully exposed.
- Communicate – Prior to your therapy, please tell your therapist the areas you would like to focus on and any areas to be avoided. During your therapy, let the therapist know if you feel any discomfort. Communication is the key to getting what you want out of your experience. Keep in mind that all bodywork is similar to exercise in that, lactic acid and other toxins released from the muscles may cause some soreness for a few days.
- Relax – Close your eyes and allow your mind to be free. Breathe deeply and let the tension slip away with each breath. Remember, this time is for you.
- Health matters – Please inform us of any health conditions when booking your appointment, for example high blood pressure, heart conditions, allergies or pregnancy.
- Home spa – Most of the body and skin care products that we use in our therapies are available for purchase. We encourage you to ask your therapist how to use these products to continue your spa experience at home.
- Booking – Advance booking for our Spa services is highly recommended to ensure availability.
- Please note that we do require a 50% non-refundable deposit in order to secure and confirm a booking.
- Cancellation – Please allow 24hrs notice should you need to reschedule, change or cancel your appointment. Cancellations within less than 24hrs will incur a 50% charge of your total services cancelled, and less than 12hrs or no show will incur a full charge.
- Valuables – Please leave your valuables in your room for safe keeping.
- Spa Environment – please help us maintain the serenity of the spa environment by refraining from smoking or using cell phones .
- Pregnancy – allow our qualified therapists to tailor-make a mother-to-be treatment or package for you, focusing on the stresses pregnancy places on the body without harming your baby.
Nothing beats your own private little picnic after a relaxing Spa treatment. Let us spoil you with a picnic basket of your choice set up on the Spa lawn, complete with your own umbrella and picnic blanket. Click on the links below to view the menus and choose your picnic treat:
TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Askari Game Lodge & Spa
Plumari Private Game Reserve
1 Doornspruit Road
P.O. Box 104
Tel : +27 (0)14 577 2658/9